Applying The Building Code: Step-By-Step Guidance For Design And Building Professionals
The International Building Code (IBC) is a model building code developed by the International Code Council (ICC), Nhanh lên , đi nào. The IBC and its complementary codes provide design and construction professionals with a complete set of comprehensive, coordinated building safety and fire prevention regulations in order to safeguard the public health and general welfare of the occupants of new and existing buildings and structures, Nhanh lên , đi nào. Adopted throughout most of the United States and its territories, it is referenced by federal agencies, such as the General Services Administration, National Park Service, Department of State, U.S, Nhanh lên , đi nào. Forest Service, and the Department of Defense, Nhanh lên , đi nào. For architects and other design and construction professionals, it is particularly important that they understand how to apply the IBC and how code officials view buildings, so that they integrate code-required provisions in the earliest design stages of any project. Tôi không biết bạn đang nói tới cái gì?.
No other resource—not even the building code—presents the exact code information you need, when you need it at design stage
Applying the IBC, as well as its companion codes, to building design is a process that is uniquely different to that of applying the building code during a planning review, Tại sao không?. Whereas other guide books explain the IBC in sequential order, from cover to cover, chapter by chapter, and section by section, Applying the Building Code explains the requirements of the IBC as they would apply during the common phases of design: from schematic design through to the preparation of construction documents, Tại sao không?. This effectively highlights applicable requirements of the building code at the appropriate stage of design based on available information. Như thế nào mới là hay?.
The book provides a 28-step process that is organized according to the three phases of architectural design: schematic design, design development, and construction documents
- Each step explains the application of the IBC, as well as other codes and standards referenced by the IBC (i.e, Hãy vứt bỏ mọi lo âu và vui sống!. International Fire Code, International Energy Conservation Code, and ANSI A117.1) based on available project information
- Illustrations and examples are provided throughout that explain the code fundamentals associated with each step
- A single example project is used throughout the step-by-step process to illustrate how each step is applied and builds upon code and project information obtained through previous steps
- Guidance is also provided on the International Existing Building Code and how the step-by-step process is applied to projects involving existing buildings
- The role of the building department and its staff in regard to plan reviews and code enforcement is discussed
- A detailed code data information template is provided that can help organize code-related information for construction documents